Important Information Regarding COVID-19
COVID-19 and OFFICE UPDATE
MAY 26th, 2020
We hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same; our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the America Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also be asked for more screening steps throughout your appointment.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- In addition to reduce the number of personnel in the office, we do request that patients come alone to their appointment. The only exception will be the legal guardian for minors or the legal representative for a patient.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (909) 484-3000. Or visit our website at www.rcendodontics.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Sami Ali & Staff
WE ARE NOW SEEING ALL SCHEDULED PATIENTS AND RESUMING NORMAL OFFICE HOURS
May 18th, 2020
Office Policy Regarding COVID-19 Coronavirus
As you are aware, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have issued warnings and precautions to health care providers worldwide regarding COVID-19 Coronavirus.
We are taking every precaution necessary to limit the exposure of ANY virus within our office. We ask that you help us by participating in the following precautions;
- Upon your arrival to our office, we kindly ask that you use the hand sanitizer we have provided.
- Please disinfect your hands prior to using any pens to fill out any documents we may need from you.
- If using the restroom or exiting and re-entering our office, we ask that you use the hand sanitizer provided upon entry.
- Please inform us if you are currently experiencing a fever, cough, pr difficulty breathing.
- Please note that we will be limiting social distance, including handshaking, as a means of decreasing possible transmission of COVID-19 Coronavirus.
- Please inform us of any recent travel outside of the US to areas considered level 3 precaution by the CDC. This includes the following countries: Italy, South Korea, Iran and China. (As of March 5th, 2020)
- Also, please inform us if you have traveled within the US.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED UPON ENTRY
We thank you for your consideration and participation in these office policies
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html